Soren Pederson

Soren Pederson was born in Lestrup, Denmark, on 27th November, 1834. He emigrated to America in 1863 and became a farm labourer in Winnebago County, Wisconsin before taking part in the Civil War.

In March, 1864 Pederson joined the Scandinavian Regiment in Wisconsin. In May, 1864 was involved in the battles of Rock Face Ridge, Resaca before being captured at Pickett's Mill. He was taken to Andersonville Prison, Georgia, where he suffered from dysentery and scurvy.

Pederson was helped to escape by a Danish soldier in the Confederate Army. However, they were recaptured and Pederson was punished by being hung by his thumbs, whereas his friend from Denmark was executed.

After the war Pederson married Dorothea Larson and farmed in Bonduel, Wisconsin. The father of five children, Soren Pederson died on 19th January, 1911, while visiting his eldest son in Ellenbro, California.

Søren Jaabæk

Søren Pedersen Jaabæk (1 April 1814 – 7 January 1894) [1] was a Norwegian politician and farmer. Jaabæk is the longest-serving member of the Norwegian Parliament in the history of Norway, and was one of the founders of the Liberal Party of Norway. [2]

Jaabæk was born in Holum, Lister og Mandals amt, Norway in 1814. After living in Halse og Harkmark for some years, he returned to Holum following his father's death in 1849. He began his professional life working in schools and churches. He served several terms as mayor of Holum and Halse og Harkmark between 1840 and 1890. [3] In 1845, he was elected to the Norwegian Parliament, where he served until 1891. [2]

In 1865, Jaabæk founded Bondevennerne (lit. "The Friends of the Peasants", inspired by a Danish society of the same name), a political society of Norwegian farmers which evolved from a local group in Mandal to a national movement, composed of more than 300 local bodies with approximately 30,000 members in total. Through Bondevennerne, Jaabæk introduced the open popular meeting to Norwegian politics, and the first Norwegian cooperatives emerged as offshoots of the Bondevennerne movement. [4] Bondevennerne's main newspaper, Folketidende, was also founded by Jaabæk in Mandal in 1865. Jaabæk was elected chairman of Bondevennerne in 1868. [2]

In parliamentary politics, Jaabæk eventually emerged as the leader of the oppositional alliance of farmers. He often sided with Johan Sverdrup, a major representative of the urban liberal opposition. [2] In 1869, Jaabæk and Sverdrup became political allies, thus establishing an alliance between the urban and the rural opposition, which would lead to the foundation of the Liberal Party of Norway (led by Sverdrup) in 1884. [5] By 1884, little remained of Bondevennerne. Some of the remaining bodies gradually became local Liberal bodies. [6] Jaabæk never became one of the leading figures of the new party, but he remained a supporter of Sverdrup for the remainder of his political career. For his last parliamentary term, Jaabæk represented the Moderate Liberal Party. He left the Norwegian Parliament in 1891. [1] In 1884 he was a co-founder of the Norwegian Association for Women's Rights. [7]

Jaabæk supported economic liberalism and was widely known for his opposition to high governmental spending. His alleged stubbornness in economic matters earned him the nickname "Neibæk" ("No-bæk"). [2] Due to his rationalistic approach to Christianity, as well as his view of positions in the church as ordinary professions, he became at odds with the Norwegian clergy in the 1870s. [3] Jaabæk supported many democratic reforms, and spoke up for universal suffrage and equal marriage rights for men and women. [8]

How the SM58® Survives the World’s Toughest Tests

Soren Pedersen | November 30, 2016

"My singer loves to swing the microphone. This was a house party and there was a ceiling fan running above us. The microphone got caught in the fan, wrapped around a blade, and spun around 2 or 3 times until it got stuck. The fan shook for a second and then spun backwards, shooting the microphone down and smacking it on the floor. The grille was dented but mic worked fine. The fan, though, is a little wobbly now."

(Anonymous post in reddit/Audio Engineering, "Let's Hear Your SM57/58 Survival Stories" thread, 2012)

This year marks the 50th anniversary of an audio legend known for its time-tested ruggedness. SM58® stories like the one above are not uncommon, and we've heard many of them over the years.

To understand how the SM58 has maintained its reputation for quality and durability, we visited the Quality Laboratory. According to former Chief Engineer Yuri Shulman, standards set there years ago have resulted in "the best microphone we have ever made."

Quality Testing Then and Now: Performance + Durability

Back in the 1960s, the designers of the SM58 tested hundreds of different combinations of diaphragms, voice coils and magnet assemblies. To ensure durability, each prototype had to survive rigorous quality testing. Dropped, cooked, frozen, submerged in water, screamed into and punished in every conceivable way, the prototypes continued to be refined. Finally, in 1965, Shure brought to market two SM microphones, the SM56 and SM57. The SM58 followed a year later.

Flash-forward 50 years to the Quality Lab in the 65,000 square-foot Shure Technology Annex. Here, periodic quality audits are performed in an anechoic chamber on all Shure microphone models. Frequency response is measured on four different axes to confirm that original specifications are met.

When there are planned changes in component materials or the manufacturing process, microphones must pass these:

Stand Drop Test

The microphone is attached to a mic stand and dropped onto a hardwood surface at different angles of impact.

Hand Drop Test

The microphone is dropped by a machine several times from a significant height onto a hardwood surface. The mic is sound-checked after each drop and checked for any extensive mechanical damage.

Salt Fog Test

The microphone is subjected to prolonged exposure to a salt fog-enclosed environment to ensure that it doesn't rust or degrade prematurely in extremely salty conditions.

Heat/Cold Test

The microphone is exposed to extreme low storage temperatures and extreme high storage temperatures for a prolonged period of time. Its acoustic response performance is checked at intervals throughout the test.

Temperature Shock Test

The microphone is cycled quickly and repeatedly between extreme high and extreme cold temperatures for several cycles. Its acoustic response performance is checked throughout.

There have been 19 substantial improvements to the SM58 since its introduction, requiring that the mic pass all of these tests each time.

According to Quality Engineer Ken Fadera, rigorous testing in the Quality Lab speaks not only to the world-renowned ruggedness of the SM58 but also to its consistent sound quality. "The quality standards are based on military specifications that date back to Shure's role as a supplier of microphone products to the Armed Forces in WWII," he explained. "Even post-war, Mr. Shure adhered to rigid military specifications…and we still do. We are also continually looking at how the microphone is used from a customer's perspective, working with the Shure Product Validation Lab to develop tests that truly represent what is going on in the field. If you buy a Shure product, you're going to get the toughest of the tough."

More Tales from the Front

Nothing confirms the durability of the SM58 better than the way the it handles unplanned, unfavorable circumstances in the wild. Below are just a few examples.

Trial by Fire

The future looked bright for Chicago-based post-punk band Kill Hannah in 2008 as they criss-crossed Europe and the UK on their first overseas tour. They had just released their fifth album and were cruising through the Swiss Alps on the way to Paris when a fire started underneath their double-decker tour bus. The bus burst into flames. Help didn't arrive for 45 minutes by that time, fire had completely engulfed the bus. The band and crew were able to escape without injury, but just about everything else onboard—wallets, clothing, phones, equipment and luggage—had been fused together by the intense heat.

The band was forced to cancel a few upcoming dates, but they resumed the tour in England once replacement gear arrived. One of the survivors: the band's SM58, charred and smoky, but no worse for the wear.

Found in Newfoundland

That's the question that Doug Ryan asked himself as he was driving home in Newfoundland one day in 2005. There it was in the middle of the road, looking something like a microphone.

"As I got closer, I could see it was a Shure," Ryan said. "I decided to stop and pick it up to see if it still worked. I brought it home and tested it by recording some vocals, and it worked perfectly. The fact that this microphone still works after being left in the middle of the road and being run over multiple times by vehicles is a testament to the quality of Shure microphones. You may have seen mics in this shape that have still worked, but I thought it was pretty amazing."

Pick Your Poison

In 2007, Mats Stålbröst and Markus "Majken" Höglund, editors at Sweden's pro audio publication Studio, set out to create the next YouTube sensation. Why not expose a myth about this quality microphone? Mats Stålbröst suggested as a topic "SM58 – The World's Toughest Microphone?"

Unwilling to limit their torture tests to drop tests and beer baths (they did those, too), the pair used the same brave SM58 to hammer a nail into a 2 x 4, survive 24 hours in a 0OF (-18o C) freezer, endure 20 seconds in a microwave set on high, and get run over a few times by a Ford Focus. The mic prevailed, though Mats reported that after the microwave encounter, the SM58 "sounded a little different." After all that, they buried the SM58 outside in Stockholm's less-than-temperate weather. Resurrected a year later, Mats and Majken reported that it sounded just fine.

No one knows where that mic is today. Incidentally, the editors' YouTube dreams came true: the video has generated nearly 400,000 views as of November 2016.

King of the Road

Looking to save some cash, Nashville musician Paul Mills bought a used SM58 in 2004. "Years of touring," he said, "had proven to me that it was a tough, quality microphone, and the industry standard." Things went well for the next three years until the night he left his gig bag leaning against the side of a tour bus.

"The bus driver decided to move the bus and ran over my gig bag," said Mills. "To reposition the bus, he ran over it again." Everything in the bag was ruined: the cords, the stomp boxes…even the SM58. "The outer casing was cracked and falling apart, but I needed the mic that night, so I grabbed a bumper sticker and some tape. It worked perfectly fine." While the deconstructed mic no longer fit into a mic stand, Mills continued to use it for the next three years.

Do you have a story about your SM58?

It seems like everyone does, and we enjoy hearing each and every one. Join the narrative, be a part of Shure history and share yours on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #SM58 #borntoperform #iloveSM58.

We'd love to hear from you.

Søren Pedersen

Back in the seventies there were no international guidelines for calculations on indoor climate in animal houses. Each country had its own calculation methods, why a group of leaders at research institutes and universities, in the field of Agricultural Building, decided in 1976 at a CIGR mee-ting, to create a working group on Climatization of Animal Houses. The working group held its first meeting in 1977 in Switzerland, and consisted of 11 scientists from 11 European countries and some corresponding overseas members. CIGR was not yet real internationally in scope at that time. S?ren Pedersen was appointed as the Danish member and was for him the start of nearly four decades of international work on Climatization of animal houses and it has brought S?ren Pedersen around to several international symposiums, conferences and congresses. His first Congress was in Budapest in 1984, where Hungarian, Russian German, French and English were official languages, with simultaneously interpretation.

Søren Marcus Pedersen

Curently working with technology assessment, production economics and research evaluation.

Course responsible of Technology Assessment and teacher in Biosystems engineering at KU-LIFE. Previously teacher in economics at DTU.

Administrative tasks

Workpackage leader in the following EU research projects: Future Farm, SAFIR and FERTORGANIC. Censor at DTU and KU-LIFE. Board member of Nordic Association of Agricultural Sciences, section IX, Agricultural Economics,

Possible conflicts of interest

Søren has collaboration with employees from various agri-technical companies, food production sectors and related sectors and NGO’s, typically via externally funded projects from EU or national funds. The representatives from the private companies and organisations are often partners in the projects or serve as an advisory capacity to the projects. Søren also conducts research and advisory projects funded by the Ministry of Environment and Food and Ministry of Foreign affairs following contractual procedures agreed between the University of Copenhagen and the Ministry. In all the projects above, Søren acts as an employee of the University of Copenhagen and does not receive any remuneration from the external partners.

Søren has from time to time been appointed by various Danish courts and after suggestion from the University of Copenhagen as an expert (DK: skønsmand) in cases about production economic issues. For these assignments, he receives remuneration.

Sorenson, Soren – Obituary

Soren Sorenson, prominent farmer of the Denmark District, died Tuesday afternoon [December 29, 1931] at the hospital from a heart ailment after an illness that confined him to his bed for little more than two weeks. The end came peaceably and while it was a great shock to relatives and friends was not unexpected.

Soren Sorenson first entered the hospital on December 11 for the second serious illness of his entire life. He was taken there suffering from a heart ailment that terminated in a blood clot. After a bad two or three days during which time his life was despaired of, he apparently rallied and attending physicians had told him that he might go home in a short time. Tuesday noon, however, he became much worse and he finally fell into a sleep from which he never awakened.

Mr. Sorenson had been a resident of the Kittitas Valley for 43 years, coming here from Minnesota after two years spent there where he located after coming to the United States from Denmark at the age of 18. Shortly after arriving in this valley, he engaged in farming. His first place being just southeast of town. From there he moved with several local farmers to the community known as the Denmark District which at that time was settled almost entirely by farmers of that nationality. From that time he has always been a leader in the community in which he lived and found time from his many interests to lend sterling service to the affairs of the city of Ellensburg and the county at large. He served as president of the local and state farm bureaus and was one of the organizers of the Kittitas County Fair of which he was president at the time of his death. He was an active and faithful worker in the Chamber of Commerce and it was largely through his efforts that this body and the farmers’ organizations have cooperated.

Soren Sorenson was married to Nielsine Pedersen in 1890 who survives him. Mr. Sorenson was born near Aarhus, Denmark, March 17, 1868. Besides his wife he leaves to mourn his death six children, two brothers and four sisters. The children are: Mrs. R. A. [Bertha] Lynch, J. O. Sorenson and S. A. Sorenson of Ellensburg and Mrs. [Agnes] Richardson, Grand Rapids, Mich., Dorthea and Harold Sorenson of Seattle Sisters: Mrs. Anna Paulsen of Longsdale, Minn., Mrs. Jens Pederson, Mrs. Laura Nicholsen and Mrs. Sena Pedersen, all of Denmark Brothers: Peter Sorenson, Ellensburg Marius of Denmark.

Judge Austin Mires, a close personal friend of Mr. Sorenson, has written a eulogy of Mr. Sorenson’s life which will be found on the editorial page.

Søren Pedersen (håndboldspiller)

Søren Pedersen (født 20. august 1986) er en dansk tidligere håndboldmålmand, der sidst spillede for Mors-Thy Håndbold. Han har tidligere også spillet i Skjern Håndbold og i Aalborg Håndbold i to omgange.

Søren Pedersen spillede i to omgange i Mors-Thy, i alt syv år i klubben, hvor han nåede over 230 kampe. Ώ] I den sidste sæson i klubben blev han stillet over for et dilemma under coronapandemien, da Nordjylland i november 2020 blev lukket ned. Pedersen, der boede i Thisted på det tidspunkt, kunne derfor ikke komme til Mors og spille for sin klub, med mindre han blev der under nedlukningen. Han valgte at blive hjemme hos sin familie og gik dermed glip af en række kampe. ΐ]

Hans sidste kamp for klubben blev pokalfinalen 2020, der som følge af coronaen først blev spillet efter afslutningen af Håndboldligaen i juni 2021. Mors-Thy spillede finalen mod mestrene fra Aalborg Håndbold og vandt for første gang pokalturneringen. Ώ]

Efter afslutningen af den aktive karriere blev Søren Pedersen direktør i Lemvig-Thyborøn Håndbold. Ώ]


I. Original Works. There is a complete bibliography in Kolloidzeitschrift, 88 (1939), 136–139. The pH concept is presented in “Enzymstudien. II . Über die Messung und die Bedeutung der Wasserstoffionkonzentration bei enzymatischen prozessen,” in Biochemische Zeitschrift, 21 (1909), 131–200. The isolation of crystalline egg albumin is described in “On the Composition and Properties of Egg-Albumin Separated in Crystalline Form by Means of Ammonium Sulphate,” in Comptes rendus du Laboratoire de Carlsberg, 12 (1917), 164–212.

II. Secondary Literature. Biographical sources are the Sørensen memorial lecture by E. K. Rideal, in Journal of the Chemical Society (1940), 554–561: K. Linderstrøm-Lang, “S. P. L. Sørensen,” in Kolloidzeitschrift, 88 (1939), 129–136 and Edwin J. Cohn, “Søren Peter Lauritz Sørensen,” in Journal of the American Society,61 (1939), 2573-2574.

Soren Pederson - History

Søren Lauritsen of Morup Mølle
b. 9 May 1713 Refs Hedegaard, Ydby, Thisted, Denmark
baptized: Ydby parish, Refs, Thisted, Denmark
d. 13 Feb 1771, Bedsted Søgn, Hassing Herred, Thisted, Denmark (age 58) [Dan Fam. Search p9]

her 2nd m. - Mads (Christensen) Møller 18 OCT 1771
Bedsted parish, Hassing Herred, Thisted, Denmark [Danish Family Search p35]
b. Sep. 17, 1720 Ydby
d. 23 May 1788 Bedsted parish, Hassing, Thisted, Denmark at age 62. [Danish Family Search - Bested deaths p24]

Mads' father: Christen ?
Mads' mother:

Children with Mads
Zidsel Maria Madsen
christened: 13 Apr 1776 Bedsted, Thisted, Denmark
[LDS christening rec.]
d. 14 Jul 1776 [LDS christening rec.] m.
Søren Madsen b. 1777 # assumes the duties of miller at age 15 after Mads death
d. 1828*
m. Karen Clausdatter at age 55 [no issue]
Zidsel Maria Madsdatter b. about 1778 #
christened: 21 MAY 1777 Bested, Thisted, Denmark
[LDS christening rec. ]

m. Jens Christensen 07 OCT 1797 Bedsted, Thisted, Denmark [LDS mar.]
Christen Madsen
(listed at "Xsten" in christening rec.)
b. 1781 #
christened: 18 MAR 1780 Bested, Thisted, Denmark
[LDS christening rec.]
d. Feb. 20, 1814 Kabbel, Nørlem (at age 34)* m. Ane Kirstine
Breinholt Aug 23, 1804 (d. 7 Sep 1830) (dau of Christen Jensen Brienholt and Bodl Marie Pedersdatter)
Anna Madsdatter b. christened: 8 Jan 1783 Bested, Thisted, Denmark [LDS christening rec. ]

#census records of 1787 *records of Søren Hedegaard 2018.

Kristine Sørensdatter may have been born in Morup Mølle(Mill) village but the census records are inconclusive on this point. It looks from the census that Søren Lauritzen may have been from another farm. Certainly Kristine did move to the mill with her mothers second marriage but I doubt she was born here.

This small town on the Jutland Peninsula still has a building on the site of the old mill but it now houses a restaurant and bed and breakfast next the stream. A two lane country road runs in front of the building and crosses the stream with a small bridge. A narrow park with walking path now extends up and down the stream through the hamlet. This was apparently a tourist spot in Denmark during the 1930's and 40's. People were primarily attracted by the nearby Northsea beaches and freshwater lake created by the stream. Because this site is off the main road it seems to have trouble attracting enough business to pay for itself. Ownership has turned over several times in recent years. [information collected in 2016- EC]

There may be more children in this family but this is all that we have discovered to date.

1713 - Søren Lauritsen is born number nine of at least thirteen children most born in Thisted. Many probably didn't survive. They are peasants tied to the land of their birth. Søren apparently worked his way up to miller to operate the Mørup Mill. He takes a wife, Sidsen/Zidsen Sørensdatter, with whom he has a two children. The marriage may have been arranged. He dies at the age of 58 leaving his two small children and a widow age 26. [Dan Fam Search - Ydby Parish, 1669-1734, p. 256]

1720 about - Mads Christensen is born to a family that was given a farm in Sinderup parish. It was located on slopes down toward Nissum Bay. His grandfather and great-grandfather had been tenant farmers of Ydby Annex parish farm, downstream from the parish church. [ Story of the Ancestors of the First Miller . Chapter 39]

1744 Aug 5 - Sidsel Sørensdatter was christened in Bedsted, Thisted, Denmark. Her father is listed as Søren Clausen and mother Johanne Stiesdtr. [Dan Fam Search, Bedsted parish, p116 ]

1767, Dec 18 - Zidsel Sørensdatter and Søren Lauritsen are engaged in Bested parish. They don't get married until Feb. 3. 1768. [Danish Family Search p34]

1768 November 28 - Christening records show Kirstine Sørensdatter with parents S ø ren Larsen and wife, Zidsel S ø rensdatter of Morups Mølle 28 NOV 1768 Bested, Thisted, Denmark. some of the witnesses although difficult to read my be other relatives. Lars Sørensen, Griifanns Horsfeld, Anna Jensdatter. Soren Gyrys of Sønderhaae, Peder Legaand (my grandfather's name in 1882), Mads Hansen, Mads Sørenson of Fuglsang, Kristen Sørensdatter. [ LDS christening records for Bested, Thisted 1707- 1814] [Danish Family Search p.11] p.11

1770 - Christening records show Else Maria S ø rensdatter 29 SEP 1770 Bested, Thisted, Denmark parents are listed as S ø ren M ø ller and Zidsel S ø rensdatter . This also identified Søren's occupation as a miller.
[ LDS christening records for Bested, Thisted 1707- 1814]

1771, February 13 - Søren Lauritsen dies at the age of 58 making a widow of Zidsel Sørensdatter. She was caring for their two small kids at the age of 26. The mill is one of the few operating in the region. The mill and the adjoining lands were divided up and sold at auction. Most of the land including the mill is operated like it was in the Middle Ages with serfs tied to the land. Zidsel keeps the mill running with a worker but the landlord doesn't have a responsible person to insure the long term continuation of the mill. The landlord decided to solve the problem by having his number-one farm hand or overseer, Mads Christensen, take over and buy the mill. He sells the mill to Mads who was 58 years old but with the stipulation that he had to take the widow Zidsel as his wife along with two kids. In effect then Zidsel is sold along with the mill to Mads. Mads takes over the day to day operations of the mill. The relationship develops. Although rather quickly Zidsel marries Mads however it seems to take a few years for them to have any surviving children between them.
[ Story of the Ancestors of the First Miller . Chapter 39]

1771, February 13 - Søren Møller of Morup Mølle dies in Bedsted Søgn, Thisted, Denmark (age 58) [Dan Fam. Search p 9]

1771, July 31 -Morup Mill belonged to the Tandrup Estate until 1771 previously controlled by the Vestervig Closter when Søren Lauritsen died. The bailiff in charge of disposition of the land under the Tantrup Estate was Mads Christensen. He transfers the Morup Mølle, Bedstad Parish to Peder Moldrup after the death of Søren Lauritsen. I'm assuming that being a "bailiff" was a part-time position perhaps only appointed or elected for a particular task. He may have been a farmer or miller as well so had some knowledge of the value to be attributed to the property but obviously a respected individual in the community to have this position.

The Tandrup Archives 608, vol 407 as translated by google from Danish.

Tandrup Archives 608 vol 407

Mads Christensen, Morup Mill, Bedsted Parish. So far, the charge bailiff at Vestervig Closter, I attach Peder Moldrup to him Morup Mølle as the father Søren Lauritsen died. Hp Mill debt 10 td 5 tbsp. He leaves a real widow Sidsel Sørensdatter. In addition, 1 piece Earth in Bird Song Mark Hk 7 skp 1 fc 1 alb Da indf. 10 rd is paid according to Ørum Skioed of 14 March 1739 the land he is left to him.
Signed by Hiermin and Peder Moldrup. July 31, 1771


This probably means that his name was Mads Christensen but he was also a miller therefore in census records we see Mads Møller.

Mads arrangement with the lord of the manor allowed him a good deal of freedom. He had ownership of the mill and the lake which was also filled by eels and fish. He still had to pay a village tax of 53 rigdollars 2 marks each year in addition to a few chickens and some bushels of grain. He imposed a tax on each bushel of grain processed into flour for the lord of the manor and also an addition for himself. He proved to be a good and schwud businessman. [ Story of the Ancestors of the First Miller]

1783 - Mads bought Lodberg parish royal grain tithe from the Vestervig Monastery and he could now afford to buy his own farm of almost 10 acres. It was located on the reverse side of Sinderup where he had grown up. He may have intended to retire there .

1787 Census - This record doesn't show Søren Lauritsen since he died in 1771. Zidsel remarried to Mad Møller in 1771 and has several other children. Her children by the earlier marriage are here. Mads himself dies in 1788 at the age of 62 leaving Zidsel as a widow with several young children.

Thisted, Hassing, Bedsted, Fuglsang, , , 1, FT-1787

1788 - Mads dies and his will leaves a considerable estate of two homes, a Bible, several books, a silver cup, 10 silver spons, a vest with three dozen silver buttons and a blue painted stagecoach. It describes the mill farmhouse with all its rooms and chambers: first , the large living room, then a milk room, and a living room, called "wester room" in addition to a beer cellar, a chamber for girls, a kitchen, a utility room, a chamber- Swedish, a customs house and a small guest chamber. [ Story of the Ancestors of the First Miller]

photo from Story of the Ancestors of the First Miller

1788, May 23 - Mads Møller dies and is buried in Bedsted parish, Hassing, Thisted. [Danish Family Search p24]
At the time of his death his youngest child is only four years old.

1797, Oct 7 - a marriage is recorded for Zidsel Marie Madsdatter to Jens Christensen in Bedsted, Thisted county, Denmark. Her father is listed as Mads M ø ller maker the child of the second marriage. [LDS marriages]

Morup Mølle (Morup Mill), Denmark.
These mill stoned were once part of stream powered grain mill that gave the town its name. The one on the left is in the park
on the opposite side of the road and the right one is next to the stream at the bridge
photo Elroy Christenson 2016

1805, Oct 19 - There is a marriage of Else Marie S ø rensdatter to Peder Jensen Legind in Bested, Thisted county, Denmark. I don't know if this is the same person as the second daughter of Søren Lauritsen but there are few other choices of the correct age and location. One other thing that is interesting is that this may be where my own grandfather's middle name started. My grandfather's name was Peder Legind Christensen. [LDS records]
Peder Jensen Legind dies on 31 July 1806.
Else Marie Sørensdatter marries again to Peder Christensen Stokholm He seems to have died 18 Jul 1828 in Nørhå.
Because Else Marie Sørensdatter inherits the farm Legindgaard she has her nephew Peder Mikkelsen (Legind) manage the farm.

1820, Sep 4 - Zidsel Sørensdatter dies at age 76 in Bedsted parish. She is buried on Sep 9.[Dan Fam Search - Hassing, Bedsted parish p.248]

The ad was printed also in No 73 and 74 of " The North Cimbrian Spectator or Thisted
County Royal most gracious privileged Avertissements Journal "which was the newspaper's full name.
Søren Møller brother, sister Sidsel Madsdaughter and one of his half-sisters was then already
dead . The only thing left was half-sister Else-Marie Sørensdatter , widow of Peter Stok
islet . Thus, the brother 's son Christian Breinholt Moller ( charts 8 ) from North Angle, his
siblings and his cousins ​​by Sidsel Madsdatter the nearest heirs. [ Story of the Ancestors of the First Miller]

From the Records of Søren Hedegaard who has found the records in the manor house archives that: Succession doc. 283
1. sister Maren (Lauritsdatter)of Søren Lauritsen.
Maren Lauritsdater, Holmgaard Mill Ydby d.1749
2. brother Mads Lauritsen Refs Hedegaard
3. brother Christen Lauritsen Odgaard Thyholm
4 brother Mads Lauritsen, Adefoged Nørhaagaard
5. sister. ? sea (may mean deceased) Lauritsdatter. probable children - Jens Madsen and --------- Lauritsdatter Møller
6. sister Else sea (may mean deceased) Lauritsdatter, probable children - Niels Christenson and Else Lauritsdatter Holmgaard
7. sister. Karen Lauritsdatter sea (may mean deceased) Søren Pedersen and Karen Lauritsdatter Flarup

Christoffersen, records of Cora. Odby, Thisted amt, Denmark
Danish Family Search - - Thisted, Hassing, Bedsted Parish, Churchbooks 1766-1814
Danish National Archives Census records - Dansk Demografisk Database,
Hedegaard, Søren. Danish records and correspondence 2018 and 2020.
LDS records - International Genealogical Records, 1999-
christening records of Bested, Thisted 1707 - 1814, batch number C217411.
marriage records of Bested, Thisted 1710-1814, batch number M217411
photo - Story of the Ancestors of the First Miller . Chapter 39,
written in Danish by an unknown author, translated by Kent Christoffersen,
and Google translator from Danish

All information and photos included within these pages was developed by the help of hundreds of researchers. The information here is for the express purpose of personal genealogical research and is freely offered as long as this site is listed as a source. It may not be included or used for any commercial purpose or included in any commercial site without the express permission of Elroy Christenson. Copyright Elroy Christenson 1998-2018.

web pages created by Elroy Christenson- [email protected] - last updated 6/10/2020

PELCON history

PELCON runs a specialised laboratory for aggregate and concrete testing, covering numerous test methods. We are highly recognised within the fields of aggregate acceptance testing, concrete microstructure, air void structure and durability testing. Your specimens and samples will be treated professionally and fast.

PELCON was founded the 1st of July 2004 by the company’s Managing Director Peter Laugesen. From 1987 to 2004 Peter Laugesen worked in the concrete laboratory Dansk Beton Teknik A/S (eventually owned by NCC AB) doing research and testing – especially working with petrographic analysis of concrete.

In 2004 Dansk Beton Teknik underwent a strategic rationalisation. The company’s laboratory activities were transferred to Peter Laugesen in the independent company Pelcon Materials & Testing ApS. Peter Laugesen’s customers from Dansk Beton Teknik were officially recommended to follow this transfer and coorporate with PELCON in the future.

Since the opening of the new laboratory facilities in Søborg (Denmark) 2004, PELCON has continuously been involved in more projects. Our main clients are counsellors and contractors in Denmark and Europe. Still, we have been involved in projects in many parts of the world (see References). We are proud to say that the majority of our clints have been recommended from previous clients.

Watch the video: Soren Pedersen University of Manitoba Volleyballplayer (January 2022).