Harvey Logan

Harvey Logan was born in Rowan County, Kentucky, in 1875. He was brought up by an aunt in Dobson, Missouri and after leaving home moved to Wyoming. He worked as a rancher until he killed Pike Landusky during a drunken brawl.

Logan fled and eventually joined the outlaw gang led by George Curry. He carried out several robberies until moving to the Robbers' Roost in Utah and joined what became known as the Wild Bunch. As well as the leader, Butch Cassidy, the gang included Sundance Kid, Ben Kilpatrick, William Carver, George Curry, Laura Bullion, Elza Lay and Bob Meeks.

The name Wild Bunch was misleading as Butch Cassidy always tried to avoid his gang hurting people during robberies. His gang were also ordered to shoot at the horses, rather than the riders, when being pursued by posses. Cassidy always proudly boasted that he had never killed a man. The name actually came from the boisterous way they spent their money after a successful robbery.

On 2nd June, 1899, Cassidy, Curry, Logan and Lay took part in the highly successful Union Pacific train holdup at Wilcox, Wyoming. After stealing $30,000 the gang fled to New Mexico. On 27th May, 1900, Logan Murdered Sheriff JessTyler in Utah in retaliation for the killing of George Curry.

On 29th August, 1900, Butch Cassidy, with the Sundance Kid, Logan and two unidentified gang members, held up the Union Pacific train at Tipton, Wyoming. This was followed by a raid on the First National Bank of Winnemucca, Nevada (19th September, 1900) that netted $32,640. The following year the gang obtained $65,000 from the Great Northern train near Wagner, Montana.

Logan is believed to have murdered Jim Winter in retaliation for the killing of his brother, Johnny Logan. He escaped to Knoxville, Tennessee, where he was captured on 15th December, 1901. He escaped from Knoxville jail on 27th June, 1903.

Harvey Logan was killed near Glenwood Springs on 9th July, 1903.

Harvey Logan - History

Obit: Bender, Harvey Logan (1866 - 1964)

Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon

Surnames: Bender, Smith, Martin, Kissling, Meddaugh, Short, Sharratt, Williams, Doering

----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) December 10, 1964

Bender, Harvey Logan (21 December 1866 - 5 December 1964)

Funeral services were conducted Tuesday forenoon from the Gilbertson Funeral Home in Granton for Harvey L. Bender, 97, of Rt. 1 Neillsville, who died Saturday in St. Joseph&rsquos Hospital in Marshfield. The Rev. Paul Doering of the Loyal Methodist Church officiated and burial was made in the Mt. Tabor Cemetery in Sabin.

Harvey Logan Bender was born December 21, 1866, in Richland County. On July 17, 1892, he was married in Richland County to the former Mary Lucinda Smith, who died in October 1919. They moved in 1900 onto a farm in the Town of Washburn. He served on the county board from Washburn for several years.

Mr. Bender is survived by a daughter, Mrs. Essie Martin of Wisconsin Rapids four sons, Elmer of Loyal, Lloyd of Grass Valley, Calif., David of Neillsville, and Bernard of Manitowoc 13 grandchildren and 28 great-grandchildren.

Pallbearers were: Harry and Ted Kissling, Neil Meddaugh, Art Short, Roland Sharratt and Oliver Williams.

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations .

James Harvey Logan

James Harvey Logan (December 8, 1841 - July 16, 1928) [1] was a judge in Santa Cruz, California, and an amateur botanist credited with the 1881 creation of the loganberry, a cross between the raspberry and the blackberry.

He was District Attorney in the 1870s and a Superior Court Judge during the 1880s and 1890s.

He was born on December 8, 1841 in Rockville, Indiana. [2] After moving to Santa Cruz, Logan was elected District Attorney on 1 September 1875. He had been endorsed by both the Democrats and the Independent ticket. [3] He had previously served as District Attorney in 1872 and 1873. Logan was subsequently elected to the Superior Court and served several terms as judge, from 1880 to 1884 and from 1893 to 1897.

Logan built the Brookdale Lodge on the site of the Grover Lumber Mill in the 1890s, purchased the Brookdale Town Site in 1902, put in a wagon road and had a cottage built in 1905, and had lots laid out in 1907. His wife, Catherine, died at Brookdale on 13 July 1909. He sold the land to John DuBois for a subdivision by 1911.

Logan married Mary E. Couson on 1 August 1910 they had a daughter—Gladys C. Logan—on 14 August 1911. Although Logan moved to Oakland, California in 1913, he continued business activity in the Santa Cruz area, building a new store in 1915. [4]

He died on July 16, 1928 in Oakland, California. [5]

  1. ^
  2. ^Important Men of 1913. 1913. Logan, James Harvey, retired Superior Court Judge, and Lawyer born in Rockville, Ind., Dec. 8, 1841 son of Samuel McCampbell and Mary Elizabeth (McMurtry) Logan. Education: four years' classical course, Waveland Collegiate Inst., Waveland, Ind. Married Mary Elizabeth Couson, Aug. 1, 1910, at Santa Cruz, Cal. Originator of loganberry (1882), the only successful cross ever made between the raspberry and the blackberry, and now very successfully and generally cultivated for family and commercial uses on the Pacific slope, particularly in Washington and Oregon also originator of the mammoth blackberry, the largest blackberry ever known, some of them being two and one-half inches long both of these berries are very early, and ripen at least six weeks earlier than any other fruit of the blackberry family these berries were the result of early gardening done for recreation and pleasure, and were never used commercially by the originator. Pres. (seven years) Bank of Santa Cruz County pres. (five years) Brookdale Land Co. dist. atty. (ten years) Santa Cruz County superior judge Superior Court of Santa Cruz County. Residence: No. 28 Dake Ave., Santa Cruz, Cal.
  3. ^
  4. "Santa Cruz Sentinel 11 September 1875 3:3-4 "Official Election Returns of Santa Cruz County" in Biography of Stephen Mallory White, "Transcriber's Notes for Letter D," Hihn-Younger Archive, University of California at Santa Cruz". Archived from the original on 11 November 2004 . Retrieved 2007-01-18 . CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link) accessed 2007-01-17
  5. ^Santa Cruz Public Library, "Mountain Echo Index, 1896--1916" Accessed 2007-01-17 Archived July 26, 2005, at the Wayback Machine
  6. ^
  7. "James H. Logan Dead. Producer of the Loganberry Was Also Noted as a Jurist". New York Times. July 17, 1928 . Retrieved 2008-08-08 . James H. Logan, 86, producer of the loganberry and famed as an amateur horticulturist, died here today. .

This biography of a state judge in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.

This Day In History: ‘Kid Curry” aka Harvey Logan Is Sentenced to 20 Years In Prison (1920)

On this day in history Harvey &ldquoKid Curry&rdquo Logan, the second in command of Butch Cassidy&rsquos Wild Bunch gang is sent to jail. He is given twenty years hard labor in a Tennessee penitentiary. Logan was arguably closer to Butch Cassidy than the Sundance Kid. Cassidy probably trusted Logan more than Sundance and relied on him to help him run the gang. Logan came from Kentucky but as a child moved to Missouri. Here he began his life of crime and he was believed to have shot and killed a man, while still a teenager. From then on he was a professional criminal and was always on the wrong side of the law. Soon he hooked up with a gang and soon he became a bank robber and by all accounts a good one. During one bank raid, some innocent people were killed and the local law began to set out to catch him. Logan left the state and headed toward Wyoming and he went to one of the Hole-in-the Wall hideouts. The area where he hid was desolate and uninhabited and it was ideal for fugitives from justice. Here Logan met Cassidy. At this time Cassidy formed a gang and appointed Logan as his second in command. Cassidy and Logan soon formed a small gang of desperadoes. Another prominent member of the gang was Robert Parker, a former butcher but now a bank robber. Among the other members were notorious outlaws such as Ben Kirkpatrick known as the Tall Texan. The gang soon began to rob banks and trains across several states. They operated in Utah, Colorado, Montana, Wyoming and Nevada. The made their headquarters the Hole-in-the-Wall. Logan was possibly the wildest of the bunch and he may have killed up to ten lawmen and an unknown number of other people. The gang was able to evade the law for many years and not many lawmen dared to enter the Hole-in-the-Wall area because there were so many outlaws there. The gang became known as the Wild Bunch and soon they became some of the most notorious outlaws in the West. They were highly organized and they even had their own lawyers.

Harvey Logan (aka Kid Curry) and Annie Rogers

The Pinkerton&rsquos Detective Agency was hired to track them down and bring them to justice but not even they could bring the Wild Bunch to Justice. However, the West was changing and the forces of law and order were getting the upper hand and the days of the old-style outlaw were numbered. The Pinkerton&rsquos finally began to make real progress against the gang. They began arresting individual gang members. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid realized that things were changing and decided to escape to first Argentina and then Bolivia. No one is really certain of what became of them. The fate of Logan is reasonably well-documented. After he was sentenced to jail, he only served a year. He managed to escape from jail and fled out west. He made it to Colorado but he was pursued by local lawmen who wounded him in a shootout. Logan did manage to get away but he was badly wounded and he knew he would soon be caught. It is believed that Logan shot himself rather than be caught and spend the rest of his days in prison.

Why were post-mortem photos taken of Harvey Logan a.k.a. Kid Curry?

Why were post-mortem photos taken of Harvey Logan a.k.a. Kid Curry?

Juha Nakari
United Kingdom

I went to Wild Bunch historian Dan Buck for this one. He tells me that the post-mortem photos were taken to figure out the identity of a dead bandit who had shot himself to avoid capture after robbing a train near Parachute, Colorado, on June 7, 1904.

You see, people were claiming the man was a number of bandits. Buck says the best evidence, though, suggests the man was Harvey Logan.

Pinkerton Detective Lowell Spence took two of the photos to Knoxville, Tennessee, where Logan had served seven months in jail a year earlier. Several lawmen and attorneys who had known Logan identified the photos as depicting him. The news of Logan’s death, along with four post-mortem photos, ran in the St. Paul, Minnesota, Daily Pioneer Press on July 12.

For many, the photos closed the case, although some outlaw historians today see this as an unsettled matter.

Related Posts

Silver City, New Mexico Marshal, Harvey Whitehill was working to solve a train robbery at&hellip

It’s easy to forget that much of today’s popular image of the Southwest is testimony&hellip

Who knew that the first actor to portray Billy the Kid on film was a&hellip

Ближайшие родственники

About Harvey Logan (aka., "Kid Curry") ["the wildest of the Wild Bunch")

Harvey Alexander Logan (1867 - June 17, 1904), also known as Kid Curry, was an American outlaw and gunman who ran with Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid's infamous Wild Bunch gang. Despite being less well known than his counterparts, he has since been referred to as "the wildest of the Wild Bunch". He killed at least nine law enforcement officers in five different shootings, and another two men in other instances, and was involved in several shootouts with posses and civilians during his outlaw days.

Kid Curry was born in Richland Township, Tama County, Iowa. His mother died in 1876, and his brothers, Hank, Johnny and Lonny, moved to Dodson, Missouri, to live with their aunt Lee Logan. Until at least 1883, Curry made his living breaking horses on the Cross L ranch, near Rising Star, Texas. While there, he met and befriended a man named "Flat Nose" George Curry, from whom he took his new last name. His brothers soon adopted the same last name. The three brothers were known as hard workers until they got paid. Money didn't stay in their pockets for long. They all had a taste for alcohol and women. Kid Curry would often return from a train or bank robbery, get drunk and lay up with prostitutes until his share of the take was gone. After Kid Curry became famous, the prostitutes would frequently name him as the father when they became pregnant. The bastard children were referred to as "Curry Kids." It is believed that Kid Curry was credited with as many as eighty-five children. The number of children he actually fathered was probably less than five. Descendants of the "Curry Kids" remain scattered throughout Eastland County and the surrounding areas to this day.

He rode as a cowboy on a cattle drive to Pueblo, Colorado, in 1883. While in Pueblo, he was involved in a saloon brawl. To avoid arrest, he fled, settling in southern Wyoming. In Wyoming, Curry worked for the "Circle C" and the "Circle Diamond" ranches. By all accounts, when sober, Curry was mild-mannered, likable, and loyal to both friends and his brothers.

The events that changed the course of his life began when his brother Hank and friend Jim Thornhill bought a ranch at Rock Creek, in what was then Chouteau County, Montana and is now Phillips County, Montana. The ranch was near the site of a mine strike made by local miner/lawman Powell "Pike" Landusky. Landusky, according to some reports of the day, confronted Curry and attacked him, believing Curry was involved romantically with Landusky's daughter, Elfie. Landusky then filed assault charges against Curry, who was arrested and beaten.

Two friends of Curry's, A.S. Lohman and Frank Plunkett, paid a $500 bond for Curry's release. Landusky's daughter, Elfie, later claimed it was Curry's brother, Lonny, with whom she had been involved. However, the confession came much too late. On December 27, 1894, Curry caught Landusky at a local saloon, and hit Landusky, stunning him. Curry, evidently believing the fight was over, began walking away. Landusky pulled his pistol and began threatening Curry, who was unarmed. Curry's friend and his brother's partner, Jim Thornhill, gave Curry his pistol. Landusky's gun jammed and Curry shot him dead.

Curry was arrested and at an inquest was released when it was judged that he acted in self defense. However, a formal trial was set. Curry believed he would not get a fair trial, because the judge was close friends with Landusky. For this reason, Curry left town.

Riding with the Black Jack Ketchum gang

He started riding with outlaw "Black Jack" Ketchum. Pinkerton detectives began trailing Curry shortly after his departure from Montana. In January 1896, Curry received word that an old friend of Landusky's, rancher James Winters, had been spying on him, for the reward offered in his arrest. Curry and two of his brothers, Johnny and Lonny, went to Winters' ranch to confront him. However, a shootout erupted. Johnny was killed, while Curry and Lonny escaped. Shortly after, Curry and Lonny argued with Black Jack Ketchum over the take in a train robbery. The two brothers left the gang.

They both received employment on a cattle ranch, arranged by their cousin, Bob Lee, near Sand Gulch, Colorado. Pinkerton agents trailing Curry gave up his trail briefly. Curry, Lonny, Walt Putnam and George Curry formed their own gang around this time. He temporarily left Colorado, intending to scout good targets for potential robberies. Around April 1897, Curry was reportedly involved in the killing of Deputy Sheriff William Deane of Powder River, Wyoming, as he and his gang gathered fresh horses on a ranch in the Powder River Basin. After this, he returned to Colorado to the ranch where he was working.

By June 1897, the cowboy job had ended, and Curry ventured north with the rest of the gang. They robbed a bank in Belle Fourche, South Dakota, and met resistance outside the bank from the townspeople. One of their friends, Tom O'Day, was captured when his horse spooked and ran away without him. The others escaped, but while planning a second robbery a posse from the town caught up with them in Fergus County, Montana. During a shootout, Curry was shot through the wrist, and his horse was shot from under him, resulting in his capture. George Curry and Walt Putnam were also captured. All three were held in the Deadwood, South Dakota jail, but only briefly they overpowered the jailer and escaped. They headed back into Montana and robbed two post offices.

Riding with Butch Cassidy and the Wild Bunch

It was during this time that he began riding with the Wild Bunch gang under Butch Cassidy. It is believed that Kid Curry was considered the "fastest gun in the West" and that he was based on the Sundance Kid, who was not actually a gunman like Logan. On June 2, 1899, the gang robbed a Union Pacific Railroad overland flyer near Wilcox, Wyoming, a robbery that became famous. Many notable lawmen of the day took part in the hunt for the robbers, but they were not captured.

During one shootout with lawmen following that robbery, both Kid Curry and George Curry shot and killed Converse County Sheriff Joe Hazen. Noted killer-for-hire and contract employee of the Pinkerton Agency, Tom Horn, obtained information from explosives expert Bill Speck that revealed that George Curry and Kid Curry had shot Hazen, which Horn passed on to Pinkerton detective Charlie Siringo. The gang escaped into the Hole-in-the-Wall, an area that the gang used as its hideout. Curry and the Sundance Kid used a log cabin at Old Trail Town as a hideout before they robbed a bank in Red Lodge, Montana. Butch Cassidy, the Sundance Kid, and other desperados met at another cabin brought to Old Trail Town from the Hole-in-the-Wall country in north central Wyoming. It was built in 1883 by Alexander Ghent. Siringo had been assigned the task of bringing in the outlaw gang. He became friends with Elfie Landusky. Effie was using the last name of Curry, alleging that Lonny Curry had gotten her pregnant. Through her, Siringo intended to locate the gang. Siringo changed his name to Charles L. Carter, disguised himself as an on-the-run gunman, and began mingling with people that might know the Currys, becoming friends with Jim Thornhill.

However, Kid Curry was in a place referred to as "Robbers Roost", in Utah. Curry then went to Alma, New Mexico, with Cassidy and others, intending to hide for a while. On July 11, 1899, while working at the W.S. Ranch, Curry robbed a train near Folsom, New Mexico, with gang members Elzy Lay and Sam Ketchum. A posse led by Huerfano County (Colorado) Sheriff Ed Farr cornered the gang near an area called Turkey Creek, which resulted in two gun battles over a period of four days. Lay and Ketchum were both wounded and later captured, with Lay killing the sheriff and wounding Colfax County Deputy Henry Love in the process. He received a life sentence for the murders. Ketchum died from his wounds days later while in custody, and deputy Love died from wounds he received. Curry escaped, but he, Cassidy, and other members of the gang were forced to leave New Mexico. Sam Ketchum was the brother of Tom "Black Jack" Ketchum. Curry traveled to San Antonio, where he stayed briefly. While there he met prostitute Della Moore (also known as Annie Rogers or Maude Williams), with whom he became romantically involved. At the time of their meeting, she was working in Madame Fannie Porter's brothel, which was a regular hideout for the Wild Bunch gang.

Moab revenge gunfight, other killings to avoid capture

On February 28, 1900, lawmen attempted to arrest Lonny Curry at his aunt's home. Lonny was killed in the shootout that followed, and his cousin Bob Lee was arrested for rustling and sent to prison in Wyoming. Kid Curry was now the last surviving brother. In March 1900, Curry was identified in St. Johns, Apache County, Arizona as he was passing notes suspected of being from the Wilcox robbery. Local Apache County Sheriff Edward Beeler gathered a posse and began tracking Curry, who was accompanied by Bill Carver. The posse shot it out with Curry and Carver on March 28. Curry and Carver killed Deputy Andrew Gibbons and Deputy Frank LeSeuer. On May 26, Kid Curry rode into Utah and killed Grand County, Utah Sheriff Jesse Tyler and Deputy Sam Jenkins in a brazen shootout in Moab. Both killings were in retaliation for them killing George Curry and his brother Lonny.

Curry then returned with the Wild Bunch. They robbed a train near Tipton, Wyoming, which newspaper stories claiming the gang got more than $55,000. The gang again split up, with Kid Curry and Ben Kilpatrick heading south to Fort Worth, Texas, while Cassidy, the Sundance Kid, and Bill Carver immediately pulled off another robbery in Winnemucca, Nevada.

Siringo, still working the case for the Pinkertons, was in Circleville, Utah, where Butch Cassidy had been raised. Curry rejoined the gang, and they hit another Union Pacific train near Wagner, Montana. This time, they took over $60,000 in cash. Gang member Will Carver was killed in Sonora, Texas by Sutton County Sheriff Elijah Briant during the pursuit following that robbery.

Again the gang split up. In October 1901, Della Moore was arrested in Nashville, Tennessee for passing money tied to an earlier robbery involving Curry. On December 12, gang members Ben Kilpatrick and Laura Bullion were captured in Knoxville, Tennessee. On December 13, Kid Curry shot Knoxville policemen William Dinwiddle and Robert Saylor in a shootout and escaped. Curry, despite being pursued by Pinkerton agents and other law enforcement officials, returned to Montana, where he shot and killed rancher James Winters, who was responsible for the killing of his brother Johnny years before.

Curry then traveled back to Knoxville. In a pool hall on November 30, 1902, Curry was captured after a lengthy physical fight with lawmen. He was convicted of robbery because facts in the murder of the two policemen were not definite and no witnesses would testify, and he received a sentence of 20 years at hard labor and a $5,000 fine. However, on June 27, 1903, Curry escaped. Rumors that a deputy had received an $8,000 bribe to allow his escape spread, but nothing could be proven.

On June 7, 1904, Kid Curry was tracked down by a posse outside of Parachute, Colorado. Curry and two others had robbed a train outside of Parachute. As they escaped, they stole fresh horses owned by Roll Gardner and a neighbor. The next morning, when they discovered their horses had been stolen, Gardner and the neighbor set out in pursuit of the gang. They joined up with a posse and continued tracking the outlaws. The gang shot Gardner and his neighbor's horses from under them. Gardner found cover while his neighbor started running. Kid Curry took aim at the neighbor and Gardner shot Curry. Curry decided to end it at that time, and fatally shot himself in the head to avoid capture. The other two robbers escaped. The rifle Gardner used is still in the family today.

Curry is buried in Linwood Cemetery overlooking Glenwood Springs, Colorado, a short distance from fellow gunfighter Doc Holliday's memorial.

Appearance in literature and cinema

Curry appears as a character in Mr American by George MacDonald Fraser. The novel, set in 1909, uses the controversy surrounding Curry's death to portray him as surviving the shootout near Parachute and later tracking the novel's protagonist, Mark Franklin, to England, where Curry attempts to kill Franklin.

Ted Cassidy played Kid Curry / Harvey Logan in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Ben Murphy portrayed a fictionalized Kid Curry in the 1970s television show Alias Smith and Jones.

The Mythbusters tested the claim that Logan could drop a silver dollar off his hand and then draw and fire five shots from his revolver before it hit the ground. They found the claim to be highly unlikely.

Harvey “The Credit Houdini” Logan reveals his secrets for credit repair success and teases exciting new Ebook

Entrepreneur Harvey Logan has quickly become one of the most inspiring success stories of the credit repair world. Starting his business from a small office in his hometown of Tuscaloosa Alabama, The Credit Houdini shares some insight into how he built his business from the ground up to become a national success.

Hi Harvey, can you tell us a bit about your background and how you developed your expertise in credit restoration?

I’ve always been known as a self-starter or hustler in my city of Tuscaloosa, Alabama. I started my entrepreneur career selling women’s hair. While selling hair I eventually opened a small gym that I ran for 2 years until I got into car sales. At the beginning of 2018 I began my credit repair journey while also selling cars. At the time I was an all-star car salesman but came across so many clients that struggled with their credit. That’s when I began reading and educating myself on the credit repair process and eventually decided to make it a full-time gig after being laid off from selling cars which turned out to be the best thing that could’ve happened to me

How do you motivate and educate your clients to achieve bigger goals?

Anyone that visits my social media will see a nice home and expensive vehicles which are only used to motivate and show people that with the power of credit education and financial discipline anything is achievable. I also have a YouTube channel where I pick credit related topics to educate viewers on the ins and outs of credit regardless of how big or how small of a topic. Each day I make a post about positive topics to help people that may be going through a rough patch in their life, so they know they’re not alone. I do that to ensure people that if they keep going their happiness is right around the corner. I’m very big on financial literacy and preaching to viewers about making smarter choices regardless of your financial situation.

How long does it take to remove negative marks on credit reports?

I normally let clients know that with credit repair no two credit profiles are the same. Some people may only require what’s called a trade-in to help boost credit score or add credit history. Where some clients may need more extensive work done. Collections accounts and charge offs accounts normally make up the majority of issues revolving around a client’s credit profile. The most important message that I try to relay to my clients is that with each client we do our very best to ensure we give the best customer service possible.

What is your process for working with a new client and helping them eliminate negative marks on their credit reports?

Well, the first step as I tell most clients there are thousands of people walking around with inaccurate accounts on their credit profiles. Our job as the credit professional is to insure, we do our job by investigating each account to the fullest degree to make sure that the information is in fact accurate for our client. Most people that we encounter only check their credit on average about 5 times a year. With that being about the average number when asking clients most people have inaccurate accounts that they are unaware of and that’s where we come in.

We heard that you are in the process of finishing a DYI Credit Repair Ebook, can you tell us more about it?

Well, I’m currently in the process of publishing a credit repair Ebook that will offer detailed templates for various phases of credit repair. It will give a bit more insight on who I am as well as breakdown some frequently asked questions that most people want to know but are never able to get a clear answer on as there are so many grey areas surrounding credit repair. Clients will have a full understanding of how to use dispute letters revolving around removing bankruptcy, inquiries, collections, charge-offs and their will even be a section on how to start business credit.

Has COVID impacted your services and/or the expectations or needs of your clients?

At the beginning and midpoints of the 2020-year credit repair was highly impacted because most companies were closed. I felt my team and I did a phenomenal job considering the slowness of how the process slowed down up until around August of last year. From an educational standpoint I must say considering most of everything turned virtual it gave me a great opportunity to focus more on the educational videos to help clients have a full understanding of their credit, so they leave our company knowing how to maintain their new found credit scores.

"Nothing, but straightforward news." Michael believes in publishing truthful, relevant news. With proper ethics and research, Michael derives his inspiration from social influences and current status quo. Regarding credentials, Michael is journalism graduate from the University of Maryland.

Sponsors welcomes the support of the following sponsors. Contact us at [email protected] for information on levels and types of available sponsorships. For more information about our sponsors and the people behind, visit our About Us page:

Sonoma Mayor Logan Harvey wins North Bay Forty Under 40 award

Responsibilities with your company: As the mayor of Sonoma I preside over meetings with the city council and serve as the point of contact for most public communication. I meet with members the public, elected officials, local nonprofits, and members of our business community to hear their ideas and concerns.

As a member of the city council I provide policy direction to city staff and ensure its implementation. I also serve as the vice chair of the Regional Climate Protection Authority and the Sonoma County Transit Authority where I provide policy direction and oversight over Measure M funds.

Recently, the SCTA has been working on the new version of Measure M and I have been instrumental in the framing of that measure which will provide additional funding for public transit and bicycles as well as potholes and roads.

In 25 words or less, how do you exemplify the spirit of being a top Forty under 40 professional?

I am the youngest mayor in Sonoma's history. I use this position to create opportunities for young families in Sonoma and fight climate change.

Years with company: 2

Length of time in current position: 1

Number of companywide employees: 35

Number who report to you: 35

Greatest professional accomplishment: Passing Sonoma's minimum wage ordinance, developing an affordable housing trust fund, creating an ordinance to allow the opening of Sonoma's first dispensary, and safely managing PG&E's public safety power shutoff all in the same year.

Greatest professional challenge: Time management is a regular struggle. Not only am I the mayor of Sonoma but I also have a full-time job working for Recology Sonoma Marin. To successfully manage these two responsibilities and be a good partner to my wife is something I work hard at every single day.

Single most important event in your professional life in the last 12 months: The groundbreaking ceremony for 48 new affordable housing units in the city of Sonoma is so important for both myself and our city.

Tourism is the center of Sonoma's economy and in order to sustain our tourism and wine industry we need a lot of affordable housing. The jobs created by these industry are typically lower wage and it is very difficult for those workers to find housing. The combination of the city's new minimum wage ordinance and the development of these and other affordable housing projects will ensure that Sonoma's workers have opportunities to live in the community that they work. It's good for workers, it's good for our economy, and it's good for our economy.

What steps is your company taking to sustain your organization and morale in the current economy?

The city's current outlook is good. Transient occupancy tax revenues are up which means that our hotel are full and our economy is strong. We've actually hired on quite a few new staff members to better serve our community. There are fears of a looming recession and we've developed policies to ensure that the city has adequate reserves to weather any storm.

Next professional goal: People ask me all the time what's next and if I'm considering running for higher office. It's definitely an option I'm open to if the people would have me, but right now my goal is just to be a great mayor and help restore our community's faith that the Government can be a force for good in their lives.

Education: I have a bachelor's degree in English Education from San Francisco State University

Hometown: Sonoma

Community/nonprofit activities: I mean, I'm the mayor of Sonoma. Does that count?

What is your most disliked industry buzzword?

Typical day at the office: Meetings on meetings on meetings. I love it.

Best place to work outside of your office: Scandina Bakery

Hobbies: I've recently taken up cycling. It's reconnected me to the valley in such an amazing way. I love riding through the hill of Sonoma and taking it all in. Also, I love to cook.

What you wanted to be when you grew up: I always wanted to do something that benefited my community. Whether that was teaching, or being a lawyer, or in public office what I always wanted was to make a positive difference.

#1 thing you want to accomplish by the time you turn 40: I would love to own a home

First job: Refereeing soccer

Social media you most use: Facebook

Favorite book: “SeaWolf” by Jack London

Favorite movie: “The Fighter”

Favorite App: Reddit

Favorite after-work drink: Wine

Last vacation: Visited some friends in Tacoma Washington for New Years. Such a great time. I love that city.

Legends of America

Annie Rogers was Kid Curry’s girlfriend

On a sunny afternoon in October 1901 at the bustling Fourth National Bank of Nashville, Tennessee, Spencer McHenry looked up from his work and saw a beautiful woman in fashionable and expensive-looking clothes standing at his teller’s window. Smiling fetchingly, she slid a $500 stack of Bank of Montana notes across the marble counter toward him, and she politely asked if he’d be kind enough to exchange the small bills for large ones. The woman’s name was Annie Rogers.

Little did Annie suspect that bank employees were on the lookout for notes stolen in the Great Northern Train Robbery the previous July. The alert McHenry, who found loyalty to his employer to be more in his character than succumbing to the charms of a beautiful woman, reported his findings to J.T. Howell, the head cashier. Mr. Howell called the police and bank president, Samuel J. Keith. Howell and Keith invited Annie Rogers to accompany them into an office, whereupon they told her the bills were stolen.

Faster than a 911 response, detectives Jack Dwyer and Austin Dickens arrived at the bank to question Annie, who denied signing the bills. She insisted that, if the bills had been stolen, she surely didn’t know a thing about it.

Pressured by the detectives, Annie finally said a “little blonde man named Charley had given [the bills] to her” in Louisiana. The pair had traveled together for about two weeks from Omaha, Nebraska to Louisiana where Charley continued on to New Orleans and Annie to Shreveport. Annie insisted that the $500 was hers, that she had earned it. Dwyer and Dickens would have none of that and took her off to police headquarters to be further questioned by their Lieutenant Marshall.

Annie didn’t even give name, rank and serial number. She gave only one of her names, neglecting to tell the dicks that she was also known as Delia Moore or Maude Williams. Other than that, she uttered only the same words about the fictional Charley and repeating that she didn’t know the bills were stolen. This “non-denial denial” caught the attention of Justice Hiram Vaughn, who issued a warrant charging Annie with attempting to pass forged National Banknotes.

Great Northern Train Robbery

Annie’s arrest was called “one of the most important captures in recent years…” by the Nashville American, which described her as “somewhat good looking, not beautiful but not ugly.” If they printed something like that today, Annie would probably hire a celebrity lawyer and sue their pants off for calling her “not beautiful.” The American went on to say “She was slender, with a heavy head of dark brown hair, a dark complexion, and high cheekbones. Her most noticeable features were two gold teeth on the left side and her piercing black eyes … [which] fairly danced as she spoke.”

The same day the American story came out, the Nashville Banner sent a reporter to interview Annie, who cheerfully greeted him as he entered her cell, led by Detective Dwyer. Annie called Dwyer “Happy Jack” and told the reporter he was one of her favorites. It was reported that Annie laughed, smiled, and flirted with her visitor throughout the interview. She regretted, she said, that she hadn’t brushed her hair properly.

The next day, Annie appeared before Justice Vaughn for a preliminary hearing, wearing a black suit, and a black hat adorned with ostrich feathers. The Banner reported that “a deep frown gathered her brow and her piercing black eyes danced defiantly in answer to the stares of the onlookers.”

According to Wayne Kindred’s article in a 1995 issue of Old West, the following conversation occurred:

Justice Vaughn asked her if she had heard the warrant read.

“I heard one read yesterday. I don’t know whether it is the same one or not,” she answered.

He told her that it was the same warrant and asked if she wished to plead guilty or not guilty.

“Guilty of what?” she angrily replied. “Of taking those bills to the bank” I took them bills to the bank. Yes, I did that.”

After Justice Vaughn explained the charges again, Annie entered a plea of not guilty. Vaughn then set her bail at $10,000 and asked her if she wanted to make a statement.

“Nothing, but that I came by those bills honestly, and I don’t see why I should be treated this way. I had used some of the bills before, and I thought they were all right.”

Nashville Courthouse, 1892, photo by A. Wittemann

The hearing must have seriously scared Annie because, by the next day, she was closer to telling the truth, or so it seemed: her real name was Della Moore, she was 26, and she was born in Tarrant County, Texas.

She left home in 1893 and worked as a prostitute in Mena, Arkansas, Fort Worth, and San Antonio (at the bawdy house of Fannie Porter). Between Ft. Worth and San Antonio, she had married a farmer named Lewis Walker but left him because “he was just a poor farmer” and their life on the farm was altogether “too tame” for her.

She left Fannie Porter’s house for Colorado, Idaho, and Montana in late 1900 with Bob Nevils, Will Casey, and Lillie Davis (another graduate of Fannie Porter’s “college of soft knocks”). Annie claimed not to have asked either Nevils or Casey what they did for a living. “They were just good fellows,” she said. Nevils gave her five $20 gold pieces on their return to Ft. Worth where they separated.

Annie split her time between her mother’s Ft. Worth home and Fannie Porter’s house of ill repute in San Antonio. She then left for Mena, Arkansas where she remained until September 1901. Fannie Porter got word to her that Nevils had come back to San Antonio and wanted Annie to take another trip. Annie responded to the message with a telegram: “Will wait till parties come.” Nevils shortly thereafter came to Arkansas to get her.

According to the Kindred article, their first stop was Shreveport, Louisiana where they remained for nearly a week, playing cards and patronizing saloons. Nevils had plenty of money and gave Annie a bunch of $10 bills before they left Shreveport for Jackson, Mississippi where they did “nothing but having a good time.”

They took the day coach to Memphis, Tennessee and let the good times continue to roll. Annie guessed they spent around $400 having fun and she especially enjoyed Nevils buying expensive dresses and hats for her. By the time they left Memphis for Nashville on October 10th where they headed straight for Linck’s Hotel, Annie had Bank of Montana notes for about $400. She must have been a very good companion because Nevils gave her at least another hundred. Perhaps Annie was Mae West’s inspiration when she said: “When I’m good I’m very, very good, but when I’m bad, I’m better.”

As Annie’s story unfolded, she admitted spending most of her time at the Lincke Hotel in their room, while Nevils preferred hanging around saloons until the wee hours. Then, Annie said, she began to have misgivings. The more money Nevils gave her, the more suspicious she got. She was also afraid he might take the money back and dump her. A shrewd move by Annie was that she changed the money he had given her into larger bills so they could be more easily hidden from him, and repaired to the Fourth National Bank to accomplish this, where she was arrested.

At the completion of this second statement, cops ran to the Linck and found that Nevils, registered under the name R.J. Whalen, had escaped due to the length of time it took Annie to tell her (false) story. She had given him enough time to make his escape. He had checked out the day before taking the train to Birmingham, Alabama, thence on to Mobile, where the cops lost his trail.

An incarcerated Annie Rogers might have been daydreaming of her boring days back on Lewis Walker’s farm. Even that dull life would be better than a dreary jail. On April 21, 1902, she appeared before Judge W.M. Hart asking for a bail reduction. Her former employer, Madame Fannie Porter, who well deserved her kind-though-soiled reputation, offered to put up the money.

Harvey Logan, aka: Kid Curry

As reported in Kindred’s article, Annie was dressed in a black suit and hat. “Wearing a black glove on one hand and carrying a white handkerchief in the other, she took a seat beside her attorney, Richard West.” Attorney General Robert Vaughn prosecuted, his first witness express messenger C.H. Smith who had been brought from Montana to describe the train robbery and link Annie to one of the robbers. He described the robbery ($40,000 in unsigned banknotes on July 3, 1901) near Wagner, Montana, and identified a man in a torn photograph shown him by General Vaughn as one of the train robbers. So ended the first day of Annie’s bail hearing.

The next morning, a smiling and laughing Annie with the dancing eyes sat in court carrying on a “lively conversation” with a deputy sheriff. She quit laughing as soon as she saw Pinkerton dick Lowell Spence take the stand. General Vaughn showed him the same photograph identified the day before by messenger Smith, and Spence also identified the man as the train robber, one Harvey Logan, member of the Wild Bunch, also called “Kid Curry,” and said he was in the Knoxville, Tennessee, jail. (Note: After he got into a saloon brawl in Pueblo, Harvey and his brothers headed for Hole in the Wall, Wyoming, where they met up with George Curry. Having been known as the “Kid” in Texas, Harvey took George’s last name and began to go by “Kid Curry.”) Logan had been arrested in December 1901 on a charge of felonious assault against policemen. He had over $9,000 of the stolen Bank of Montana bills on him at the time.

Interestingly, in this damning photograph of Logan, having been identified twice by witnesses, a hand could be seen resting on his left shoulder. In a dramatic moment worthy of Perry Mason himself, General Vaughn whipped out the other half of the picture. The hand was attached to the arm of the defendant, Annie Rogers. Uh Oh. The courtroom sizzled with excitement as observers whispered behind their hands. Then Annie took the stand.

Harvey Logan & Annie Rogers sometime between 1890 and 1894.

She admitted the man in the photograph was Bob Nevils, but denied ever knowing he was also Harvey Logan or Kid Curry, denied knowing where he got the money and never heard of the train robbery until her arrest. Judge Hart must not have believed any of these corkers because he proceeded to set bail at $2,500, considerably higher than the $1,000 Annie had requested. Even the indomitable Fannie Porter was unable, or unwilling, to pay such a high bail despite Annie’s tearful entreaties. Sobbing uncontrollably, Annie was led back to her jail cell where she languished for almost two months until her next day in court.

June 14th saw the same cast of characters in court: defense attorney West, prosecutor Vaughn, and Judge Hart. A plethora of prosecution witnesses were called including bank employees, hotel employees, and detectives, each telling his tale.

Of these witnesses, the most damning was Corrine Lewis, the pretty owner of a Memphis resort, who also identified the photograph of Logan as one of her hotel guests in September 1901.

He had, said Miss Lewis, “plenty of money,” flashing a large roll of bills. When she asked him if he were not afraid to carry so much money, he said he “wasn’t when he had his guns,” whereupon he tore open his coat exposing two large revolvers.” Miss Lewis also identified Annie Rogers as Logan’s companion, stating that, although Annie was dressed “plainly” when they arrived, the day after that she had been wearing expensive new clothes. She reported that both Logan and Lewis drank a great deal but never got drunk.

Next up was Annie herself, nervous and pale. She repeated her denials of knowing who Nevils really was, not knowing the money was stolen, and denying that she ever forged the bills. She did, however, admit that she had “bled Nevils and got all the money I could.” She took from him frequently, she said, and had worked him for about $500 by the time they reached Nashville. Annie then stepped down from the witness stand.

Wild Bunch, aka: Hole in the Wall Gang (1896-1901) – Led by Butch Cassidy, the Wild Bunch terrorized the states of Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Utah, and Nevada for five years. Click for prints, downloads and products.

Backing her up was a deposition from Harvey Logan, read by defense attorney West. In it, Logan, at the Knoxville jail, said he had been with Annie at Linck’s Hotel the day she was arrested, and that she had left him in mid-afternoon. When she didn’t return, Logan “thought that she had quit me.” He said that he had given her the money and that it was signed before she got it.

In their closing arguments, prosecutor Vaughn called her a greedy opportunist, a liar, and accused her of aiding and abetting Logan’s escape. Defense attorney West said she was just an unsophisticated country girl who had been duped by a clever criminal.

The jury came back to a packed courtroom with a verdict in fewer than two hours. “Not guilty!!” A relieved and thrilled Annie Rogers shook hands with each jury member, her lawyer, and the judge. Spectators crowded around her voicing their approval of the verdict, while Annie expressed pleasure at being given a “fair deal.”

Annie then asked for her $500 back, claiming it was her money after all, but the court eventually ruled that she was not entitled to it.

Annie left Tennessee and returned to Texas where she followed Logan’s exploits in the papers and wrote to him. Logan was captured in Jefferson City following a fight in a Knoxville saloon where he broke a man’s nose in a quarrel and shot two Knoxville Police Officers who opened fire on him.

Logan was subsequently tried, convicted, and sentenced to life in Tennessee Prison. Using wire from a jailhouse broom, Logan engineered his escape from the Knox County jail. He killed himself a few months later after a failed bank robbery.

The members of the Wild Bunch were aggressively pursued by Pinkerton Agents.

During his lifetime, Logan/Kid Curry was wanted on warrants for fifteen murders, but it was generally known that he had killed more than twice that number. William Pinkerton, head of the Pinkerton Detective Agency, called Kid Curry the most vicious outlaw in America. “He has not one single redeeming feature,” Pinkerton wrote. “He is the only criminal I know of who does not have one single good point.”

There exists no evidence that Annie ever saw Logan again, and it is surmised she changed her name once more and went back to work at Fannie Porter’s.

Watch the video: Ο Χάρβεϊ τρομοκρατεί τις ΗΠΑ (January 2022).